As I was reviewing some of our old Facebook posts I ran across the "Wishes of Whipple" 2015 resolutions. it looks like we missed the mark for some of the expectations in 2015 so this is as good a time as any to revisit, alter,change,and add for 2016. ( If you have a suggestion let us know your ideas.)
But first...a re-cap of 2015.
1. We did plant a victory garden. A wonderful woman and her daughter arrived one Saturday morning to ask if they could look around. The building had intrigued them and they would like to know more about it. They had a farm of there own and offered and spent many hours of volunteer time as well as finances of their own to prepare our vegetable beds and paint and organize our garden area. . Our board members and volunteers planted the beds and watered them throughout the season. A couple school groups and several scout troops cultivated the garden and reaped the benefits of the harvest. In the fall a group of scouts cleaned the beds, covered them with hay and got them ready for the winter. We will have another garden in 2016
2. We did welcome additional committee members. In 2016 we will be asking for new board members and revising our mission statement.
3.We continued to work on our documentary , due to unforeseen circumstances the preview did not happen has planned. We will work toward that in 2016.
4.Roof? Well a portion of the building seen that. More of the building will receive new roofing in 2016. ( the top)
5. A newsletter, 2016 is the year to introduce this as well as a membership for the museum.
6. Our resource and heritage room (genealogy) was a huge success thanks to the group from the NCCC and Victor Mender. The room will be dedicated in 2016 to mark our 10th year as a museum. Look for more information on this awesome project.
7. Our volunteers had to return to school much to early this past summer and we planned late for our dinner, but we did enjoy and appreciate all the hard work and dedication of our volunteers and look forward to meeting some new ones this season and welcome back our loyal volunteers and friends.
2016 is going to be a great year for preservation and time to share memories.
Writing down 2015 resolutions...
2. Adding additional Museum committee members (May)
3. Preparing for the documentary preview. (June)
4. New roof (July)
5. A newsletter for those having a desire to keep in touch (Aug)
6. Preparing a genealogy/culture/heritage research area (Sept.)
7. Having a volunteer appreciation dinner. (Oct.)
OK, who's going to help me???? smile emoticon smile emoticon smile emoticon
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” ~Henry David Thoreau