Saturday, January 02, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

WOW, it has been along time since I visited this blog. I figured an update was in order.
2015 proved to be a very good season for me. I had lots of friends visit and many of them helped put their touches on my inside and exterior dilapidated parts.

A couple of drivers had a mishap in April and ran smack into my front building part. Fortunately no serious damage to the drivers but it left me a painful hole clean through to my basement. I felt so exposed and it has taken many months to get me repaired. I have had repairs done to my outside rocks in the past years, but not the whole wall.
It has been a difficult task to match the cement and color to make my 100 year appearance look dignified. But.... the preservationists were able to work their magic and I am almost good as new. (or is that good as old?)
 My basement staircase had to be removed and supports added to hold me secure. I looked a lot worse on the inside than on the outside. Then the rocks were marked and placed aside hoping to reuse as many as they could. That left me with a huge hole, so a small wooden room was constructed on the outside with a lock door to keep out  the cold and give the workers a place out of the weather to work.
 My owner asked if  the rock whisperer could add a kettle bottom that had been donated to the wall at the bottom of the steps and this is what it looked like pre- cement. It tells a story all its own.
 The rocks have such beautiful color. I believe i will be quite lovely when the crew is finished with me. BJ (the rock whisperer) could just look at the broken pieces of me and place me all back together. I suspect BJ can feel the energy and nature in the rock and stone. I fit together so nicely. He worked quietly and with the help of Chris and Jay I began to feel better by October.


 Then came matching the color for the chinking. That took a few tries, after all i am a seasoned work of art and was being matched with the new modern stuff.  First try, to light so onto the next tint and see what happens...


 Stay tune .. I am still in the working stage, but almost done.. finished photo to come.
More about 2015 happenings in my next post. check back..









No comments:

So glad your here!

This is a great place to share about things going on in my world. I have had some wonderful experiences in my company store days and would like to share them. I also am having some fantastic experiences now with my new family and friends. I am getting a face lift and having lots of visitors.
Check back often and share my happenings.

Whipple


Search This Blog

Couldn't say it any better*****

Couldn't say it any better*****
MY HOME

One more reason to Blog