Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Whipple Winter Wonderland

Some of my people have arrived  to get me cleaned and organized for the 2014 visitors.  My family leaves me in safe hands and go down south to work in the winter so they can spend  the summer months keeping me looking lovely and continually preserved.   Joy arrives in April to start the dusting,washing,wiping and swiping process. She walks around and smiles a lot when she first gets back. (she likes me)  Victor gets the water turned on,toilets flushing, and lights bulbs working, then the washing and cleaning begin.   I can smell fresh brewing coffee and Granny brings in chili, soups, food and goodies.   My old bones start to warm up and I pop and creak with 100 years under my roof.   People start to show up at the front door and want to come in to take a look.  The grass is beginning to turn green, Easter lilies are blooming. I stand tall over the community feeling the coal camp folks. Our heritage and history leave me with a warm since of pride.

    It has been a long cold winter with lots of snow. I'm looking forward to getting warmer.  I have one of my front windows broken on the front porch.  That makes everyone sad. It will be expensive to replace. A few more leaks have showed up and my boards on the west side have flew off. All and all I have weathered pretty good. My family is pleased.  
    I have a sweet Easter egg tree giving color to my front porch and volunteers have come to wipe away dust and dirt from my shelves and ballroom.  I will be ready on May 1st for friends and visitors.  

I over heard conversation about my new roof. I will be getting it later this summer.  I'm getting some new paint in places and a community garden is being planted with vintage plants. Come out and join us. Well enough bragging for now. I'm so happy to have people here again. . See you soon.   Whipple



Easter egg tree








No comments:

So glad your here!

This is a great place to share about things going on in my world. I have had some wonderful experiences in my company store days and would like to share them. I also am having some fantastic experiences now with my new family and friends. I am getting a face lift and having lots of visitors.
Check back often and share my happenings.

Whipple


Search This Blog

Couldn't say it any better*****

Couldn't say it any better*****
MY HOME

One more reason to Blog