Sunday, February 07, 2010



....About 2 am I am awaken to footsteps in the ballroom. There is someone walking upstairs, outside the door where we are sleeping. Am I scared??? Yes, at this point I am scared. How did someone get in the building? How did they get up the stairs without me hearing them. ( the steps are very loud) And, what do they want? The dog is with us and he is not barking, but standing in the middle of the room making a low growl sound. The footsteps stop! It sounded as though the footsteps stopped near the elevator. I am afraid to open the door and look out, afraid NOT to open the door and look out. As I am pondering on what to do I hear the elevator start to move. The elevator is hand operated and it has to be pulled by a rope. Now you may think that gravity would cause the elevator to move on its own. A large truck perhaps could vibrate on old wooden building and make the elevator vibrate, however the elevator itself was on the first floor when I last checked the freight room. 10 minutes or so has passed and I'm watching the dog, he's not making a sound. If it was a person why would he not bark? After 20 minutes or so I hear nothing more, it is so quiet. I gently turn the door knob and peek out(I'm so brave)

I peer out toward the elevator and see nothing except the elevator. That is odd because old buildings do not vibrate things UP! The elevator was on the 3rd floor. I close the bedroom door
softly behind me, not to wake up my daughter, and walk very easy to the middle of the room stood and listened. I listen and hear nothing for about 1/2 an hour. I proceed to go down the steps to the office. My cell phone was in the office and I thought I could call someone to come over ( at 3:30 in the morning? what is wrong with me?) I'm sitting in the office at this point and listening so intently for any sound or movement, when all of a sudden.........

No comments:

So glad your here!

This is a great place to share about things going on in my world. I have had some wonderful experiences in my company store days and would like to share them. I also am having some fantastic experiences now with my new family and friends. I am getting a face lift and having lots of visitors.
Check back often and share my happenings.

Whipple


Search This Blog

Couldn't say it any better*****

Couldn't say it any better*****
MY HOME

One more reason to Blog