Monday, March 15, 2010

In the first year of business it is reported that over half of small businesses fail!
It is also stated and proven that a well written and thought out business plan is the best way to prevent failure. "Well thought out" being the operative words.
I am very proud to say that the Whipple Company Store & Appalachian Heritage Museum is embarking on its 4th Season . With all that's been positive and productive concerning the Building and Museum the time has come when we need to re-think our original business plan and look to revise it.
Our first 5 year plan was written primarily on one persons vision of future possabilities for this One of a Kind Icon. Along with management, workers, volunteers, helpers, and caring citizens spending days, nights, and many hours, working toward the goals as laid down in the business plan, it has come to our attention that the Museum Project is so much more than wood, windows and walls, and much more than we imagine.
Going through old photos these past few days, I found photos of our first visit to purchase the piece of real estate in 2006. Without looking at the photos I can't even recall what the building was like. only what I focused on it becoming.
Can you write down your future goals (Business Plan) and then make it happen? I think you can. The lessons you learn along the way will astound you.

1. Pray always for strength to use your God given Talents.
2. Keep your heart in all your doing.
3. Maintain your vision.
4. Don't be afraid to have small failures.
5. Be humble and thankful when you experience success.
6. Make your career work with your family life.
7. Contructive criticism is a precious gift.
8. Always allow those that want to help be part of your project.
9. Take a chance.
10.Now on to the business plan at hand!

No comments:

So glad your here!

This is a great place to share about things going on in my world. I have had some wonderful experiences in my company store days and would like to share them. I also am having some fantastic experiences now with my new family and friends. I am getting a face lift and having lots of visitors.
Check back often and share my happenings.

Whipple


Search This Blog

Couldn't say it any better*****

Couldn't say it any better*****
MY HOME

One more reason to Blog