Wednesday, June 30, 2010



I have received another request for Whipple to return and speak about his memories and adventures here in the company store. I believe he will return to blogging real soon..

In the mean time let me tell you about our exciting History (Coal) Camp coming up on July 8th 2010.

We will be traveling back in time to 1893 and adventuring in the day of the West Virginia coal miner and his life with his family living in the coal camps.. Hands on is the best way to experience some of our most hidden history facts.. You will mine for coal, get paid in scrip learn how to shop on a limited food budget and make your own food fresh from the butcher shop.. lets go to school and learn readin ritin and rithmatic just like back then and don't forget the team games.. a warm July picnic and shopping in the company store for ice cream to make that most famous company store ice cream sundae.. Music was always part of a coal camp life so lets learn the special songs of the Appalachian mountains. crafting and gardening was also a favorite pastime but also alot of work at times.. Register for this camp soon as space is limited.. cost is 40.00 includes lunch and snack. ages 5-14yrs.. Thursday July 8th 2010. Call 304 456-0331 or Email whipple@whipplecompanystore.com Camping memories create todays history..

No comments:

So glad your here!

This is a great place to share about things going on in my world. I have had some wonderful experiences in my company store days and would like to share them. I also am having some fantastic experiences now with my new family and friends. I am getting a face lift and having lots of visitors.
Check back often and share my happenings.

Whipple


Search This Blog

Couldn't say it any better*****

Couldn't say it any better*****
MY HOME

One more reason to Blog