Sunday, June 21, 2009

I am very proud of the way I am starting to look. My people are working everyday to make me weather tight and clean. Of course my roof is still leaking and my exterior walls have lots of problems. I'm not to pretty in the paint area as my paint in most places is original, and starting to flake. I'm not complaining mind you. I am starting to smell a bit better, and I feel great!Funny as that may sound, 119 years of musty coal dirt and pigeons in my tower start to smell a little bad, and wear and tear on the old bones.

I had some interesting people come through to look at me today and Joy, one of the people that care for me took them on a tour. She always tells tourist how happy she is with the way I am starting to shape up.
Today she was telling the folks from Kentucky what a special place I really am.. These folks were quite interested about the days of the coal miner and the old coal camp life. They asked a lot of question about my large arched porch and my elevator. The ballroom is always so much fun for people to see. I like folks to come up here on the 3rd floor for a couple reasons, I have a very unique structure that Joy tells people about, and the other reason its at the top of my structure and of course I can here the comments better!"GRIN". I'm pretty sure these Kentuckians liked me. They stayed a good while and visited all my little nooks and crannies. I was very pleased they had a good time.. I hope they come back soon.

We had a grand Gala here a couple weeks back. I enjoy parties and festive times here. Lots of people attended, and we had delicious food and lots to drink. A very nice man, Dave had brought his Glass Armonica..Now I must say that was most unique,and almost as original as I am.. It was very nice sounding and made my store space sound so special. Dave was very thoughtful about his musical instrument and allowed others at the gala to enjoy playing it. I had such a wonderful time listening to the people chat and wander through my rooms.. I did over hear that there are more parties planned.. I can't wait..
Well till next time ....
Just me,
WHIPPLE

No comments:

So glad your here!

This is a great place to share about things going on in my world. I have had some wonderful experiences in my company store days and would like to share them. I also am having some fantastic experiences now with my new family and friends. I am getting a face lift and having lots of visitors.
Check back often and share my happenings.

Whipple


Search This Blog

Couldn't say it any better*****

Couldn't say it any better*****
MY HOME

One more reason to Blog